Enthusiasts of the Świecie Region Society (Towarzystwo Miłośników Ziemi Świeckiej) is hosting, coordinating and sending organisation in the framework of the European Voluntary Service.
We have received our first accreditation for EVS at the beginning of 2013 and since October 2013 we are hosting international volunteers in Swiecie regularly.
ESRS is one of the oldest organizations in the region. Our profile includes protection of cultural heritage and traditions, preservation, documentation and dissemination of historical and cultural traditions of the region and also developing and promoting cultural social movement, sports and leisure and tourism.
Our regular activities are lectures about history and culture of the region in schools, publishing books, booklets, postcards about he region in cooperation with Museum of the Swiecie Region, organizing exhibitions, seminars, assemblies, conferences, training sessions, thematic competitions such as poetry and photography competitions.
We organize also annual events such as ”Balabun Day” and ”Astronomy Night”.
We host volunteers on long-term projects.
Main activities for our volunteers include:
1) promotion of European youth projects in between young people in Świecie Region.
We will visit many schools and youth organisations where we will present Erasmus Plus and Erasmus for Young Entrepreneurs Programs, create promo materials about these programs and distribute them during our presentations.
This part of the project will take part also in other nearby towns such as Chełmno, Grudziądz or Tuchola. There will be also a possibility to promote youth programs during annual events such as Swiecie Days, Balabun Day or Astronomy Night
2) organizing European Cultural Meetings at different schools in Swiecie. Our volunteers will lead presentations and workshops about their own culture/countries but also about European Union in general.
They will have an opportunity to cook traditional dishes from their countries and present them during ECM. During these meetings Polish students will present Polish culture, cuisine, dances etc.
3) promotion of young artists from Świecie Region inside our side-project called ‘’Świecka Sztuka’’ by organizing art exhibitions, creating and publishing promo materials about their work, helping with logistic part of the project, This part of the project will require a bit of travelling as exhibitions will take place in different towns in Poland – creating promo movie about Swiecie Region which will be a view of our area in the eyes of foreigner
4) creating a photo album about our region from which 12 pictures will be published in a calendar
5) our volunteers will take part in different annual cultural activities of our organization like Christmas Market, Balabun Day and Astronomy Night
6) volunteers will be asked to record work with cameras and video cameras (will be provided) and to make small movies on base of their work. These video and audio material volunteers will be asked to add to the web-page of the HO and to promote in this way all the experience of the project.
7) running blogs ‘’EVS Volunteers Swiecie’’ ”Fotografie Świecia” and ‘’Letters from Poland’’
For more information about European Voluntary service visit
Świecie is a small town in Kujawsko-Pomorskie region in Poland with about 30 000 inhabitants.It is situated between two rivers: Wda and Wisla.
Town itself has a good economy strongly connected with the biggest paper factory in northern Poland. It has a Teutonic Castle and an old town where also our office is placed (exactly in the Museum of Świecie Region). There is a stadium with tennis courts, water park, restaurants and cinema.
Inside the country Świecie is located just 100 km from Polish seaside and beautiful city of Gdansk. It is also 150 km away from Poznan and 200 km from Warsaw. Going just 50 km to the south it is possible to reach Torun (Unesco heritage spot where lived and worked Copernikus).